Roger is a motivational leader with an unusual blend of strategic, operational and people skills. Thrives in a challenging entrepreneurial and business environment, where change and rejuvenation through teamwork, leadership and profit driven growth are paramount.
Joined LMI in 1999 after a successful career with British Gas cumulating in becoming Director of Logistics and Human Resource Management with British Gas Energy Centre (sub business of Centrica plc). Roger rose from being a Trainee Engineer to becoming a Director through a journey of personal growth and change and a desire to achieve success both for himself and his family. This experience and success has given him the necessary leadership, people and task /process skills to help other organizations and people to realize their own true potential by learning how to set about reaching their own dreams and goals through LMI’s leadership and management development programmes.
Roger has the practical experience and fully understands what it takes to acquire and become competent in the 4 key domains of leadership and management, namely:
Executing – ability to get yourself and people to be productive and achieve results
Influencing – ability to lead yourself and to get others to follow you.
Motivating – ability to build lasting relationships, cope with change and motivate people to a higher performance
Strategic Leadership – ability to lead an organisation
- 24 Years at senior management level in British Gas in Distribution Engineering – last job in this role was Area Distribution Manger for the City of Birmingham
- 11 years at Director level in British Gas in Purchasing and Supplies, Property Management, Logistics and Human Resource Management – last job in this role was Director of Logistics and Human Resource Management, British Gas Energy Centres.
- 11 years experience in British Gas of major change, business and culture change as part of the privatization and liberalisation of the energy industry.
- 14 years of consultancy, working for both large and small businesses in business strategy, business development, business improvement, change management and development of people.
- 16 years working with Leadership Management International Ltd in leadership, management, supervisory and team development through personal facilitation and mentoring and delivering LMI Programmes to individuals and groups from Director to Supervisory levels in an organization. Companies include: Kuoni, McNicholas Construction Services Ltd, Phoenix Natural Gas, Allied Irish Bank ,Core Utility Solutions [ Scottish Power], Frankham Consultancy Group, CSB Logistics
Diploma in Management Studies
Key Development Programmes
Middle Management Programme Brooklands 1977
London Executive Programme, London Business School 1980
International Development Programme, IMD, Switzerland 1995
Effective Personal Leadership Programmes LMI 1999 – present
Roger is married to Carol and they have 2 children and 3 grandchildren and live in Purley, Surrey. They are both very active enjoy playing golf, traveling, socializing and being with their family. Roger also enjoys public speaking and has given presentations on a wide variety of topics at conferences in the UK.
“The only reason people fail is that they either don’t start or finish” Getting started is the difficult bit. So why not………………….
Contact Roger by calling 0208 6682437 or 07778 354572 or send email to email@example.com